webOS OSE 2.18.0 Release Notes
Release date: September 02, 2022
This version corresponds to the GitHub releases from build #473 to build #496.
New and Changed Features
- Added new home app delivery
- Enact Browser
- Fixed the favicon fetch issue
- Modified not to display VKB that were displayed in previous sites in the next navigating sites
- Fixed popup reappears issue
- Fixed text message issue
Managers & Services
- Adjusted timeout for retrying to terminate running applications
- Added support of RasterSurface type for qtwayland clients
- Added support of 4K resolution
- Fixed the issue that the image viewer application is not launched when a media file that doesn’t exist is displayed
- Enabled data collection pipeline
- System Service
- Added i2c/getPollingFd method in peripheralmanager.i2c.operation ACG group
- users/groups of some services changed to non-root
- Added some users and groups to support more strict DAC
- Upgraded Qt to 6.3.1
Enabled Generic AV (GAV) support in the OSE emulator
Added gstreamer-bad plugin patches related to initial window size
Added video information message and disabled subsurface in subcompositor
Implemented to send prepare-seamless-seek custom event when non-flush trick
Implemented changes for fixing setvolume failure and rtp playback failure
Added support for receiving key events
Modified to handle invalid argument exception thrown from stoll
Added GAV support in Chromium for gstreamer pipeline
Disabled media support in Chromium for emulator
- Updated iLib and localization tool
- Modified to use the same submission for all 3 DISTROs
Implemented malware site detection using Web Risk API
Added fix for receiving auth key in AES-CTR encrypted format
- Fixed a prepare-system-dirs issue on emulator without serial setting
Build System & SCM
Modified versioning policy of lsb-release
Modified Gator to build gator daemon only
Added new recipe to build gator kernel module only
Enabled Gator as Performance Analyzer for raspberrypi4-64
- Focus is not moved to the next page and the image list for the selected category is not shown in the gallery app.
- On some occasions, the settings screen is abruptly closed.
- Favicons are not displayed for some websites.
- Sound output is not available when using the gallery app.
- VKB layout becomes smaller before closing.
- VKB is not dismissed when the UP key is pressed multiple times.
- Users cannot play back and search for recorded images through the camera app.
- When playing video content with Enact Browser in a dual display environment, HTML5 video played in the first tab continuous to play and its sound is heard even after opening the second tab.