webOS OSE 2.19.0 Release Notes
Release date: December 02, 2022
This version corresponds to the GitHub releases from build #497 to build #527.
New and Changed Features
- Reduced an initial launching delay
- Added many interesting features to basic UI! For more details, refer to webOS OSE UI Guide.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Previous’ and ‘Next’ pop-up didn’t disappear
- Fixed an issue where the sound of inactive tab of Enact brower was playing
- Added pop-up window to get the user’s permission
- Supports malware detection service
- Fixed a seek issue of bufferplayer test application
- Fixed an issue where the app was crashed if the user stops to record
- Fixed an issue where the ‘FULL SCREEN’ button didn’t work properly
- Fixed an issue where double-tapping on the address bar didn’t work properly
- Fixed an issue where video were not displayed
- Added a new feature to create your own blockchain wallet using command-line
- Updated Enact framework to 4.5.0
- Updated Enact CLI to 5.0.2
Mangers & Services
- Fixed an issue where screen glitches occur after reboot
- Fixed an issue where VKB layout became smaller before closing
- Fixed an issue that prints “no internet” message when the
com.webos.service.location API is called
- Added new methods in the
- Sys Service
- Supports audio subdevices and internal sound cards
- Supports MIPI cameras
- Added a speech enhancement feature, Intelligent Echo Cancellation Noise Reduction (ECNR)
- Updated the iLib version to 14.15.1
- Allows to use gamepads in webOS web contents
- Added a test app to verify v8 snapshot features
- Upgraded to v94
- Fixed an issue where pop-up windows showed up multiple times when sound devices are connected
- Added Emulator Launcher
Build System & SCM
- Fixed an audio issue where RPi4’s line out jack doesn’t working
- Fixed an issue where HTML video screen disappeared after changing the screen rotation option to ‘off’
- Updated to the latest Noto fonts (Support for Unicode 15.0.0)
- Cannot skip through videos using the number keys with the enter key.
- If the screen resolution of the primary display is larger than the that of the secondary display, the primary display doesn’t show properly.
- In the Web Browser app, if the user enter the Settings menu while the zoom drop-down menu is activated, the zoom menu doesn’t turn off.
com.webos.applicationService/remove method cannot delete apps completely.
- Cannot get responses for Google Cloud properties via luna-send commands.
- Cannot get proper returns using the