webOS OSE 2.3.0 Release Notes
Release date: January 23, 2020
This version corresponds to the GitHub releases from build #144 to build #154.
New and Changed Features
- Enact Browser
- Migrated to Enact framework 3.2.5.
- Displays a loading indicator instead of favicon while a web page is loading.
- Updates the date and time in the History view to localized format according to the system language setting, instead of US locale format.
Web App Framework
- Enact framework
- Upgraded to 3.2.5.
Managers & Services
- SAM (System & Application Manager)
- The codebase to support multiple instances has been merged.
- Memory Manager
- Changed to be aware of multiple instances.
- Creates client permission file and role file when installing native apps.
- Supports multi-VKB for web apps.
- Fully supports multi-touch on web apps.
- YouTube app
- Fixed an issue where the settings pop-up menu flickers when the progress bar is hovered over or some setting value is changed.
- While booting, a light-purple background is displayed briefly before Home Launcher shows up.
- In VirtualBox Emulator, the audio from YouTube app is not output for a non-Bluetooth audio device.