webOS OSE 2.5.0 Release Notes
Release date: May 12, 2020
This version corresponds to the GitHub releases from build #175 to build #197.
New and Changed Features
- Released Command-Line Interface (CLI) 1.11.1.
Managers & Services
- Enabled hardware acceleration based media pipeline for RPi4.
- Enabled dual audio output through USB devices.
- Added Georgian locale.
- Upgraded the iLib library from v14.4.0 to v14.6.0.
- Added NYX GPS module.
- Fixed the issue that video frames are not visible in RPi4 .
- Speeded up the ostree image booting time.
luna-initto use Python 3 APIs instead, as Python 2.7 APIs are not supported anymore.
- In qml-webos-framework, replaced
DISPLAY_IDwhen launching qml-runner.
com.webos.service.ai.voice/getResponsetransits to the
answeringstate twice when using Google Assistant API.
- As the RPi4 kernel doesn't recognize a hard-disk of size 2TiB with NTFS filesystem,
- The target device reboots if available memory is less than 7MB.