webOS OSE 1.3.0 Release
September 20, 2018
We are pleased to announce the release of the following two major features.
Enact browser is a web browser for webOS OSE. The browser is composed of two parts:
- Platform agnostic browser UI written on top of Enact framework
- A separate JS library to support webview component, data binding, tab management policy, and platform-specific integration
Key features of Enact browser are as follows:
- Basic navigation using address bar and backward/forward button
- Most visited sites
- Recently closed sites
- Startup page selection
- Search engine selection
- Some customized layout options
For detailed information, check the README of Enact browser on GitHub.
H/W Accelerated URI/MSE Playback
This release includes g-media-pipeline, a new media pipeline for webOS OSE. g-media-pipeline is a GStreamer-based media pipeline which supports URI playback and Media Source Extensions (MSE) playback on webOS OSE.
The capabilities of g-media-pipeline are as follows:
- Supports H/W accelerated media playback for video encoded with H.264 codec
- Supports multiple media playback instances, if hardware resources are available
- Supports adaptive streaming both for URI playback and MSE playback