webOS OSE 2.3.0 Release
January 23, 2020
We’re delighted to announce the release of webOS Open Source Edition (OSE) 2.3.0.
The highlights of this release are as follows:
- Enact framework and Enact Browser upgrade
- Web engine update for multi-input support
- Other enhancements
For more details on this release, see the release notes.
Enact framework and Enact Browser upgrade
Enact framework has been upgraded to 3.2.5. See the release page for details.
Along with that, Enact Browser has been migrated to Enact 3.2.5, which is a huge upgrade from the previous version that used Enact 2.0.0-rc1. Other feature updates for Enact Browser include the following:
- Support HTTP authentication
- Show a loading indicator while a web page is loading
- Support multi-resolution
- Fix reported bugs
Web engine update for multi-input support
To allow for better use of dual-display environment, Chromium web engine has been updated with the following features:
- Multi-VKB (Virtual Keyboard) support for web apps, which means VKB can be displayed on each display.
- Full support for multi-touch on web apps, which would enable a user to control web apps on each display individually with touch events.
This release also includes many bug fixes as well as improvements for performance and stability. Check the release notes to find out more about the changes.