webOS OSE 2.6.0 Release
July 20, 2020
We’re pleased to announce the release of webOS Open Source Edition (OSE) 2.6.0.
The highlights of this release are as follows:
- Camera framework update for adopting generic AV architecture
- Qt upgrade to 5.12.8
For more details on this release, see the release notes.
Camera framework update for adopting generic AV architecture
The camera pipeline (g-camera-pipeline) of webOS OSE has been updated to adopt the generic AV (GAV) architecture in its operation. As the media framework (uMediaServer or uMS) was already adapted to GAV, this update makes the camera pipeline to be fully functional under the GAV architecture.
The updated camera pipeline supports the following features:
- Using camera preview, capture and record functions
- Preview stream format: MJPEG, H.264
- Captured image format: JPEG
- Recorded video format: TS (H.264)
- Using USB cameras with v4l2 on Raspberry Pi 4
Qt version upgrade
One of the major open source components of webOS OSE, Qt, has been upgraded from 5.12.6 to 5.12.8 to improve graphics performance and stability.