webOS OSE 2.25.0 Release
January 17, 2024
We’re pleased to announce the release of webOS Open Source Edition (OSE) 2.25.0.
The highlights of this release are as follows:
- Improving Enact Browser UX
- Enhancing Audio Environment
- Upgrading Qt
For more details on this release, see the release notes.
Improving Enact Browser UX
The user experience of a web browser is important because it directly affects how users interact with the internet and websites. In this release, we enhanced usability, performance, and efficiency of the browser.
- Support ‘pinch-to-zoom’ feature in the content area of a webview on touch screen.
- Add the ‘Reset to Default Settings’ option in the “Settings” page.
- Support custom user agent per domain to fix loading issue from the web server.
Enhancing Audio Environment
Audio Pre-processing Effect Chain
From this version, webOS OSE supports multiple audio processing simultaneously. Developers can apply multiple audio pre-processing algorithms (such as beamforming, Echo Cancellation Noise Reduction (ECNR)).
Base enhancement algorithms and APIs are supported to provide a better audio experience. See com.webos.service.audio.
Qt has been upgraded from v6.5.2 to v6.6.0 to improve graphics performance and stability. For more details about Qt, see the official blog post.