Command-Line Interface Release Notes
This page provides the summary of each Command-Line Interface (CLI) release for webOS Open Source Edition (OSE).
v1.10.2 (November 2019)
This version is compatible with webOS OSE 2.1.0. See below for the new and changed features in this release.
- Added a QML app template.
- Changed template names,
- When you install an app using
ares-install, the icon of the app is not displayed on Home Launcher.
v1.10.1 (October 2019)
This version is compatible with webOS OSE 2.0.0. See below for the new, changed, and removed features along with fixed issues and known issues in this release.
- Added a web app template that uses the WebOSSerivceBridge API.
- Added a feature to check the validity of the version in
appinfo.jsonwhen packaging an app, which checks whether each version number is 9 digits or less.
- Added a guide text regarding the default target device to the CLI help.
- Changed to show appInstallService's error text when app installation fails.
- Changed the icon images generated by executing
ares-generate --templateto new images.
- Removed the
ares-inspect --serviceoption cannot be used with the
- Removed EULA that appeared on CLI when executing a command for the first time, which was replaced by EULA that appears on the developer site when downloading the CLI package.
- Enabled the
- Fixed an issue where
ares-inspect --openoption cannot open a browser on Windows.
- Fixed to create a
.sshdirectory after executing
- When you install or uninstall an app using
ares-install, a running Home Launcher disappears from the screen. To make the app listed on Home Launcher, you must reboot the target device.
- After rebooting the target device, the external app is listed on Home Launcher, but the icon of the app is not displayed.
v1.9.4 (June 2019)
See below for the new and changed features, bug fixes, and known issues in this release.
- Added a feature to check the version rule of your app when you package your app.
- Added a feature to check if the app ID and app version exist in the
appinfo.jsonfile of your app when you package your app.
- Added a feature to add read permission to all files of your app when you package your app.
- Updated templates (changed usable webOS APIs and how to use PmLog,
- Changed the scenario to prompt you whether to overwrite an existing folder when creating a project. Now, CLI prompts you whether to overwrite the folder as soon as you executes the
ares-generatecommand with the existing folder name. In older versions, CLI prompts you when you enter your app information.
- Changed the CLI folder structure due to code refactoring.
- Fixed an issue where
ares-setup-device --resetdoes not print the reset device list.
- This version of CLI does not support
v1.8.1 (July 2018)
New and changed features
Changed the package filenames (from
Added the end-user license agreement (EULA).
Added a template for hosted web apps.
v1.6.4 (March 2018)
This is the first official release of CLI for webOS OSE. For a detailed list of key features, see key features.
Web Inspector and Node Inspector work on Blink-based browsers (Chrome and Opera) but not on non-Blink browsers (Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Safari).
The emulator should be running prior to using
ares-launchcommands. CLI does not run the emulator automatically.
ares-inspectcommands are not terminated on their own, and can only be terminated manually by pressing Control+C.
ares-packageshows an error message if an app filename contains non-ASCII characters. (App filenames should contain Latin letters ONLY.)
ares-setup-device --search|-s(Search webOS Devices) is not working, because webOS OSE does not contain upnpd.