QEMUx86 Emulator for Linux Release Notes
webOS Open Source Edition (OSE) emulator is an x86 (x86_64) virtualization system based on QEMU virtualizer. Currently, the emulator only supports Linux Ubuntu as a host operating system.
Refer to the following for detailed information of each release.
Initial release (June 2018)
Note that this version of emulator is optimized for the following host environment.
- Operating system
- Linux Ubuntu
- 16.04 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- 14.04 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- 18.04 (64-bit) (not fully tested)
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz or faster
- Memory: 3 GB or more RAM
- Display: 1920 x 1080 or higher screen resolution
- Graphics card: 256 MB or more video memory with OpenGL 3.0 support
- Required software
- qemu 2.7.0 or higher version
- virglrenderer 0.6.0 or higher version (0.6.0 tag version is recommended)
- libsdl2-2.0-0 or higher version
- OpenGL 3.0 or higher version
- QEMUx86 virtual machine based emulator
- Provides graphics performance with host PC’s GPU H/W acceleration
- Emulates major features of webOS OSE platform on PC without RPi3 target device
- Provides emulator run script with JSON configuration file for easy use
- Supports webOS OSE CLI tool for application and platform development